Welcome!

Hi there! The Sonny Skye is a blog fully inspired by living life in a new generation of rainbow children!
This blog is about one momma learning how to live a more insightful and loving life!

Amazon Prime.

Friday, May 15, 2015

Future plans & goals.

I am good at my job. I actually am really good at what I do. It's a comfy desk job with great benefits, fair pay, and a set Mon-Fri 9-5 schedule. However, I am lacking something. I don't like what I do at my job, I'm merely good at it. I don't want to spend my whole day in the office, but it is fairly convenient. I can't help but think of what I'm missing in life by living in this corporate hamster wheel. So as I was driving to work yesterday morning I decided I can't do this forever.

This job has mean potential to be a comfortable career, and I am already being given opportunities to show management that I have what it takes. I know that I could get stuck here very easily, which is why I need to verbalize and organize my future before I let this job snowball into a career. Would I be comfortable? Probably. Would I be happy? Probably not.

So starting today, I am going to let my inner entrepreneur begin to plant her seeds. My goal is to own a coffee/tea and book shop in Tower District. I want a toddler area so that couples can enjoy a cup of coffee and a book while letting the toddlers play in an area that is safe and distracting for the kids. I want to participate in Art Hop for the kids, so that they have an area to display their art as well! There will be sandwiches made to order for those who'd like to grab a quick bite to eat, and muffins for breakfast. I'd want to have new/used/and local books for sell, and maybe even a free "take one, leave one" book area for those who can't afford a book but can exchange one they already have for one they haven't read. We can play local music of all genres, and keep things as local as possible.

I am going to be raising my credit score while at this job so that I can qualify for a business loan. In the meantime, I am also going to begin making healing pillows, with custom scents and stones to promote healing and light. The money made will go towards the savings I need for the shop.

I am currently designing the pillows and doing some creative thinking for the names of both the pillows I am going to be selling, as well as the shop I will be opening.

I have to be able to make a living doing something I love to do. I have to be able to be in control of my life so that I can incorporate my child as much as possible. Every morning I leave her I want to break down, and I have to do something to make this work.

I will keep y'all updated. Remember to check out my other blogs, leave me comments/advice, and answer the poll question to let me know what you'd like to read!


Have a good day!
image from: http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Choose-Healing-Stones-/10000000178630445/g.html

No comments:

Post a Comment