Welcome!

Hi there! The Sonny Skye is a blog fully inspired by living life in a new generation of rainbow children!
This blog is about one momma learning how to live a more insightful and loving life!

Amazon Prime.

Monday, June 8, 2015

Happy Pride!

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!




This year marked the 25th Anniversary of the Fresno Gay Pride Parade- and on one of the booklets there was a quote that I found to be very important.

"The first Pride parade was a riot."

Powerful. 

We've come such a long way. 
We still have so much further to go, but look at how far we've gotten!

I say that with full understanding of the prejudices that we still face today. This is why I will not censor my daughter from the world. I want her to grow up around diversity with the full comprehension that this is how the world is. I will not shelter her from any one type of individual because all that is providing is disadvantage. She will face the world alone one day, and her peers will be in all shapes and sizes, and in all colors and shades. There is no way I will prevent her from moving forward because I instilled a fear in her that is, not only irrational, but negative. I will not plant a negative seed in my daughter. Those negative seeds lead to narrow minds and narrow minds lead to missed opportunities. 

I will not hinder her from growing to her potential. She will accept all humans, and provide care for them when they need it. My mother gave me this freedom to accept everyone in the world, and it has made me who I am today. The LGBTQ community saved me and opened me up to being who I am. I owe it to all LGBTQ to ensure my child is accepting! 

HAPPY PRIDE AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment